- Shape: cylindrical with diameter measuring between 22 and 25 cm. The slightly convex heel measures 8 to 9 cm.
- Rind: thin and elastic, smooth, brown, thickens with ripening. Rind is NOT edible.
- Texture: soft and elastic with small, scattered eyes, the straw-yellow hue is deeper in summer cheeses
- Flavour: strong flavour of milk, mild and characteristic of raw mountain milk Toma. As the Toma ripens it acquires a stronger flavour.
- Ingredients: milk, salt, starter culture, rennet.
- Allergens: milk.
- Certification: EC Identification mark – IT 02 129 CE.
- Transportation: refrigerate below 4°C.
- Microbiological properties: in compliance with guidelines set out for pasteurised milk cheeses in REG EC 2073-05 and subsequent amendments.
- Product: sold as whole cheeses, in pieces or vacuum-packed portions.
- Packaging: single item: one cheese wrapped in food paper. Boxed items: one or two cheeses per box.
- Net weight per item: whole cheese: from 300 g to 3.5 kg.