- Shape: flattened with level surfaces, measures between 20 and 25 cm in diameter. The slightly convex heel measures 2 to 3 cm.
- Rind: soft and elastic, white. Rind is NOT edible.
- Texture: soft and supple, colour varies from milk white to straw yellow.
- Flavour: typical flavour of good full-cream milk, alters depending on altitude of pastures.
- Ingredients: milk, salt, starter culture, rennet.
- Allergens: milk.
- Certification: EC Identification mark – IT 02 129 CE.
- Transportation: refrigerate below 4°C.
- Microbiological properties: in compliance with guidelines set out for pasteurised milk cheeses in REG EC 2073-05 and subsequent amendments.
- Product: sold as whole cheeses, in pieces or vacuum-packed portions.
- Packaging: single item: one cheese wrapped in food paper. Boxed items: one or two cheeses per box.
- Net weight per item: from 300 g to 2.5 kg.