- Shape: cylindrical with flat surfaces, measures between 20 and 25 cm in diameter. The slightly convex heel measures 3 to 4 cm.
- Rind: thick, dark straw colour.
- Texture: soft and elastic with small, scattered eyes. Its straw-yellow hue is more intense during the summer, speckled with juniper. White but turns straw-yellow as it ripens.
- Flavour: strong flavour of milk, sweet and characteristic of raw mountain milk Toma paired with the singular flavour of juniper berries. The flavour improves during ripening as the juniper berries release their aroma.
- Ingredients: raw cow’s milk salt, starter culture, rennet, juniper berries.
- Allergens: milk.
- Characteristics: flavoured with juniper.
- Certification: EC Identification mark – IT 02 129 CE.
- Transportation: refrigerate between 6 and 10 °C.
- Microbiological properties: in compliance with guidelines set out for raw milk cheeses in REG EC 2073-05 and subsequent amendments.
- Product: sold as whole cheeses, in pieces or vacuum-packed portions.
- Single item: one cheese wrapped in food paper. Boxed items: one or two cheeses per box.
- Net weight per item: whole cheese: from 3.5 to 4.5 kg.