- Shape: cylindrical, flat surfaces and diameter measuring between 16 and 18 cm. The slightly convex heel measures 6 to 8 cm.
- Rind: thick, orange to grey.
- Texture: soft and elastic with small, scattered eyes, white but tends to be straw-yellow in summer cheeses, speckled with herbs.
- Flavour: strong characteristic flavour, the herbs give the cheese a particularly pleasant flavour. After a longer ripening period the flavour is more intense (3-4 months).
- Shelf-life: 60 days.
- Ingredients: pasteurised milk salt, blend of nettles and calendula (0.01%), rennet, starter culture.
- Allergens: milk.
- Characteristics: flavoured with nettles and calendula.
- Certification: EC Identification mark – IT 02 129 CE.
- Transportation: refrigerate between 6 and 10 °C.
- Microbiological properties: in compliance with guidelines set out in REG EC 2073-05 and subsequent amendments.
- Product: sold as whole cheeses, in pieces or vacuum-packed portions.
- Packaging: single item: one cheese wrapped in food paper. Boxed items: one or two cheeses per box.
- Net weight per item: whole cheese: from 300 g to 2.5 kg.