- Shape: cylindrical with almost flat surfaces, measures between 15 and 25 cm in diameter, the slightly convex heel measures 10 – 15 cm.
- Rind: compact, brown-grey but may acquire a reddish tinge as it ripens. Rind is NOT edible.
- Texture: compact, whitish but tends to turn straw-yellow in time. Contains small, scattered eyes.
- Flavour: distinctive, fragrant, semi-sweet before aging but becomes stronger, slightly salty and at times pungent when mature. Summer Fromadzo has a particularly pleasant milk fragrance with an aroma of mountain herbs.
- Shelf-life: 60 days.
- Ingredients: milk, salt, rennet, starter culture.
- Allergens: milk.
- Characteristics: made from partially skimmed milk using the natural method. Fat content in dry matter between 20 and 35%.
- Certification: EC Identification mark – IT 02 129 CE
- Transportation: refrigerate between 2 and 8 °C.
- Microbiological properties: in compliance with guidelines set out for raw milk cheese in REG EC 2073-05 and subsequent amendments.
- Product: sold as whole wheels, in pieces or vacuum-packed portions.