- Shape: flattened with level surfaces, measures between 20 and 25 cm in diameter. The slightly convex heel measures 2 to 3 cm.
- Rind: soft and elastic, white.
- Texture: soft and supple, colour varies from milk white to straw yellow.
- Flavour: characteristic flavour of good full-cream milk, alters depending on altitude of pastures. Distinctive and unusual due to the aroma of chives.
- Ingredients: cow’s milk salt, starter culture, rennet, chives.
- Allergens: milk.
- Characteristics: flavoured with chives.
- Certification: EC Identification mark – IT 02 129 CE.
- Transportation: refrigerate below 4°C.
- Microbiological properties: in compliance with guidelines set out for pasteurised milk cheeses in REG EC 2073-05 and subsequent amendments.
- Product: sold as whole cheeses.
- Packaging: single item: one cheese wrapped in food paper. Boxed items: one cheese per box.
- Net weight per item: from 3.5 a 4.5 kg.