- Shape: cylindrical, flat surfaces and diameter measuring between 22 and 25 cm. The slightly convex heel measures 8 to 9 cm.
- Rind: thin, elastic, smooth, brown, thickens during ripening.
- Texture: soft and elastic with small, scattered eyes, the straw-yellow hue is deeper in summer cheeses, speckled with chives.
- Flavour: strong flavour of milk, mild and characteristic of raw mountain milk Toma paired with the strong aroma of chives. The longer the Toma ripens, the more the flavour improves thanks to the release of spice aromas.
- Shelf-life: 60 days.
- Ingredients: raw milk chives, salt, starter culture, rennet.
- Allergens: milk.
- Characteristics: seasoned with chives.
- Certification: EC Identification mark EC – IT 02 129 CE.
- Transportation: refrigerate between 6 and 10 °C.
- Microbiological properties: in compliance with guidelines set out for raw milk cheeses in REG EC 2073-05 and subsequent amendments.
- Product: sold as whole cheeses, in pieces or vacuum-packed portions.
- Packaging single item: one cheese wrapped in food paper. Boxed items: one or two cheeses per box.
- Net weight per item: whole cheese: from 3 to 4 kg.