- Shape: cylindrical with flat surfaces, measures between 17 and 18 cm in diameter, the slightly convex heel measures 7 to 9 cm.
- Rind: firm and brown, thickens during ripening. Rind is NOT edible.
- Texture: compact with small, scattered eyes. White but becomes straw-yellow as it ripens.
- Flavour: characteristically of goat’s milk, becomes stronger as the cheese matures.
- Shelf-life: 60 days.
- Ingredients: pasteurised goat’s milk, salt, starter culture, rennet.
- Allergens: goat’s milk.
- Characteristics: mature cheese with a distinctive flavour of goat’s milk.
- Certification: EC Identification mark – IT 02 129 CE.
- Transportation: refrigerate between 6 and 10 °C.
- Microbiological properties: in compliance with guidelines set out for raw milk cheeses in REG EC 2073-05 and subsequent amendments.
- Product: sold as whole cheeses, in pieces or vacuum-packed portions.
- Packaging: single item: one cheese wrapped in food paper. Packaging: single item: one cheese wrapped in food paper.
- Boxed items: whole cheese: from 2 to 2.5 kg.