- Shape: characteristically cylindrical measuring between 32 and 38 cm in diameter. Its faces are flat and parallel with a rather high, concave heel.
- Rind: thin, elastic, smooth, straw colour which grows darker as it ripens.
- Texture: compact, soft and elastic with small, scattered eyes. Summer wheels tend to be a deep straw yellow.
- Flavour: characteristically sweet. Both the flavour and colour may alter according to the season’s fodder but they are generally stronger during the summer.
- Ingredients: milk, salt, starter culture, rennet.
- Allergens: milk.
- Certification: EC Identification mark – IT 02 129 CE.
- Transportation: refrigerate between 4 °C and 8 °C.
- Microbiological properties: in compliance with guidelines set out for raw milk cheese in REG EC 2073-05 and subsequent amendments.
- Net weight per item: from 250 g to 2.25 kg