- Shape: characteristically cylindrical and flattened with level surfaces. When freshly made the heel is concave but this is rarely visible when mature. Diameter measures between 35 and 45 cm, height varies between 7 and 10 cm
- Rind: compact and thin, from dark to light brown depending on aging conditions and duration. Softens and becomes semi-hard with aging. Rind is NOT edible.
- Texture: elastic and soft, depending on period of manufacture, typically contains eyes throughout the wheel. Colour varies from ivory to straw yellow.
- Flavour: cheese melts in the mouth, sweet delicate flavour which gets stronger with aging.
- Shelf-life: 60 days.
- Ingredients: raw cow’s milkmilk from Organic Farming, salt, starter culture, rennet.
- Allergens: milk.
- Characteristics: made from milk produced on organic farms exclusively Val d’Ayas. Minimum aging period 81 days.
- Certification: EC Identification mark IT 02 129 CE. Certificate number ITBIO 005 T686 issued by BIOS s.r.l.
- Transportation: refrigerate between 4 and 8 °C.
- Microbiological properties: in compliance with guidelines set out for raw milk cheese in REG EC 2073-05 and subsequent amendments.
- Product: cut into portions and vacuum packed.
- Net weight per item: from 250 g to 2.25 kg.