- Shape: typically cylindrical, diameter between 22 and 25 cm, flat surfaces, slightly convex heel measuring from 8 to 9 cm.
- Rind: thin, elastic, smooth, orange but tends to become darker and thicker as it ripens.
- Texture: soft and elastic with small, scattered eyes. As this is a summer alpine cheese, it tends to be dark straw-yellow.
- Flavour: strong milk flavour, sweet but distinctive. Both the colour and flavour may alter during aging.
- Shelf-life: 60 days.
- Ingredients: milk, salt, starter culture, rennet.
- Allergens: milk.
- Certification: EC Identification mark – IT 02 129 CE.
- Transportation: refrigerate between 6 and 10 °C.
- Microbiological properties: in compliance with guidelines set out for raw milk cheeses in REG EC 2073-05 and subsequent amendments.
- Product: sold as whole cheeses, in pieces or vacuum-packed portions.
- Packaging: single item: one cheese wrapped in food paper.
- Net weight per item: from 300 g to 2.5 kg.