- Shape: flattened with level surfaces, measures between 20 and 25 cm in diameter. The slightly convex heel measures 2 to 3 cm.
- Rind: soft and elastic, white.
- Texture: soft and supple, colour ranges from milk white to straw yellow.
- Characteristics: typically of full-cream milk but the flavour varies according to the alpine pasture altitude. The caraway seeds give it a distinctive edge.
- Ingredients: milk, salt, starter culture, rennet, caraway seeds.
- Allergens: milk.
- Certification: EC Identification mark – IT 02 129 CE.
- Transportation: refrigerate below 4 °C.
- Microbiological properties: in compliance with guidelines set out for pasteurised milk cheeses in REG EC 2073-05 and subsequent amendments.
- Product: sold as whole cheese.
- Packaging: single item: one cheese wrapped in food paper. Boxed items: one cheese per box.
- Net weight per item: whole cheese: from 300 g to 2.5 kg.